The Earth has already become a dangerous place to live in for the animals and birds. Soon it might be our turn. So let's pledge to save our beautiful planet so that you and your future generations can live happily and peacefully ever after.
Here are some tips to save our earth:
- There is a cute small round press button at the bottom right corner of almost all monitors:Please make use of this
- Stop printing out Harry Porter, Jeffrey Archer and other e-books. This is a classic example of paper wastage.
- If you have forgotten to give double-side prints, make sure you make use of the empty sides as scribbling pads or for your kids' imposition
- Take two minutes from your busy schedule before hurrying back home to shut down the computer.
- All of us are big time Googlers. Have you heard of the Blackle search engine? Blackle (Google powered) is a search engine designed all in Rich Black so that your system consumes less power. So change your homepage.
- Plastic bags these days indeed come in bright and flamboyant colours and tempt us to take them home with us. But the saying, "Appearances are deceptive" holds true for these plastic things too. Next time, hold back or go prepared to counter temptation with a cloth bag.
- Roses, Jasmine, Hibiscus and Peas; All these saplings cost hardly between Rs 10 - 20 each. Can't we afford to plant these in and around our houses? Also, more importantly, caring and maintain them as they grow?
- Try to segregate the different kinds of waste into Bio-Degradable (Fruit or vegetable waste) , Recyclable (waste Paper, paper products) and Electronics (Floppy disks, CD-ROMS ). Once you have segregated your thrash, look for specialized trash cans to throw them away.
- Try to minimize the use of horns. Honking has drastically increased and this adds to the noise pollution and does not provide a conducive environment to live in.
- Use rechargeable batteries though it's an expensive product, it's one-time purchase. Recharge when required. (Same applies to cell-phones, MP3s, iPods and Laptops)
- The best pens to use would be ink ones. Though if you have to use a ball point pen, buy refills instead of buying new pens. Pencils are much better for rough use! (That's why we used it at school!!!)
- Remember to close water taps before preening in front of the mirror. Of course you are beautiful, but Water is a precious resource!
- Let's not just wake up and walk out of finished meetings and conferences with a sigh of relief, let us remember to turn off the lights and projectors too.
- Take few minutes to learn about topics like 'Global Warming' , 'Air / Noise /Land / Water Pollution ' etc apart from constant surfing of News, Latest Gadgets, Movies and Music.
Spread this message to your friends and colleagues. They too can make a difference.
Save the Planet
Running a half empty machine, taking a bath instead of a shower or leaving the light on for no reason destroys the planet.
Remember: turn your monitor off along with the computer, unplug chargers if you don't use them and use water wisely.
A bit of attention can go a long way!
CONTRIBUTE TO A NOBLE CAUSE
Note: This nice article was received by me as email from one of my friends.